At the European Study Center (ESC) you can choose from a wide range of courses while studying towards your degree.
Have a look at the course overview »
- Semester program fee includes tuition for five courses, each suggested for 3 US credits (= 15 US semester credits)
- Summer program fee includes tuition for two courses per session, each suggested for 3 US credits (= 6 US semester credits)
- All courses are taught in English by faculty from the US or local adjunct faculty
- Coursework combines lectures and discussions with a variety of on-site visits to European political and economic institutions, German and multinational corporations, and historical and cultural points of interest
All students participate in an Immersion Block at the start of each semester and select one course from the following options:
- Course at the SRH University, the ESC’s partner university in Germany
- Intensive German Course at the ih Heidelberg / Collegium Palatinum language school, which is located at the ESC
- Refugee course with continued volunteer work for the remaining semester
Students will take up to 4 courses in the ESC Block, following the Immersion Block.
The offered courses are all taught in English and are attended by SRH international students. Courses at SRH are concentrated into shorter 4 or 5-week blocks and usually run from Monday through Friday. Transfer credits will be issued directly through SRH and a separate transcript will be provided.
Additionally, students have the option to take a German language course at the ih Heidelberg / Collegium Palatinum. Intensive German Courses are held for 20 or 25 hours per week; students should obtain pre-approval from their home universities for evaluation of transfer credit. Please contact us for details.