- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our organization in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. However, no internet connection, website, or e-mail transmission is ever 100% safe and secure. We can not be held responsible for anything that happens to your information or account due to unforseen events or circumstances not under our control.
Use of social media plug-ins:
Facebook (like button)
Our website uses Social Plugins (“plugins”) from the social network facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). These plugins can be identified by the Facebook logo or by the “Like” button. A list of plug-ins can be found at http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
When you visit one of our web pages with this plugin installed, your browser creates a direct connection to the Facebook server. By connecting the plugin, Facebook receives the information that you have visited the corresponding page of our website with your IP address. If you click on the “Like” button while you are logged into your Facebook account you can link the content on our site with your Facebook profile.
As operator of the website we receive no information regarding the nature of the data sent to Facebook or how it is used. More information can be found at http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php
If you do not want Facebook to collect data about you via our website, you must log out of Facebook prior to visiting our website.
Although every reasonable effort is made to present current and accurate information, ESC makes no guarantees of any kind. All information provided in this website is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute a legal contract between the ESC and any person or entity unless otherwise specified. Information on this website is subject to change without prior notice.
The ESC is not responsible for any content linked or referred to from any external websites. If any damage occurs by the use of information presented on external pages, only the author of the respective website might be liable, not the party who has linked the ESC to these websites. Furthermore, the ESC is not liable for any postings or messages published by users of discussion boards, guest books or mailing lists provided on these external pages.
Permission to Use Materials:
The ESC grants you a personal license to access and use this website. You may download material from this website for your own personal non-commercial use. You may not, however, otherwise copy, retransmit, distribute, publish or commercially exploit any material from this website without the express written permission of the ESC.
Contacting the European Study Center (ESC) Heidelberg: